The nomination process for candidates to DDLS research area specific expert groups opened on September 8. The role involves to advise on research area specific strategies and research profiles for the scientific programs of the SciLifeLab and Wallenberg National Program on Data-Driven Life Science (DDLS)
The SciLifeLab and Wallenberg National Program for Data-Driven Life Science (DDLS) focuses on four strategic areas for data-driven research. All of the strategic areas are essential for improving the lives of people as well as animals and nature, detecting and treating diseases, protecting biodiversity and creating sustainability.
The four research areas of the DDLS program are
• Cell and molecular biology
• Evolution and biodiversity
• Precision medicine and diagnostics
• Epidemiology and infection biology
Scientific programs and research networks, training, data services and support, and coordination of the activities within the four research areas will become crucial for the program to succeed and reach international level of scientific excellence. In addition, proximity to local research environments and unique capabilities will be formed and a synergistic national DDLS networks will make the science within the four research areas prosper. Four DDLS research area specific expert groups can act to plan and steer activities within each research area as well as act as research area specific national scientific advisors for the program.
The DDLS steering group openly invites DDLS partner organizations and the Swedish scientific community at large to nominate candidates to be considered to the four DDLS research area specific expert groups.
Nominate a colleague, fellow researcher, or yourself by filling out all required information in this form >>
Deadline for the nomination process is September 29.
A member of the DDLS research area specific expert group is a senior expert in the DDLS field of interest, should cover many aspects of the research area and be an internationally leading scientist in the field. The RA expert can be from one of the partner organizations or from the Swedish life science community at large (industry, healthcare, etc.). A broad international network and connections to similar initiatives abroad is highly desirable.
During the DDLS program, research area experts will;
• advise on research area specific strategies and research profiles for the scientific programs of the DDLS
• suggest and co-organize activities and community events around the research area topics
• take part in evaluations by providing advice on the design of calls and the evaluation process
• advise and support the DDLS fellows, post docs and PhDs within the area
• act as research area specific national reference group for data services and support, training, and research school
• engage the national DDLS community within each research area
Term of office will be two years (Jan 2022- Dec 2023) with a possibility of extension upon program prolongation. The level of engagement needed is expected to be around 10%. The expert group will comprise of 4-6 members and be led by a chair that has the coordinating role.